- 100 CE Hours – Completing all 5 sessions of this course will give you 100 continuing education credit hours recognized by PACE and CERP. You will also recieve a certificate of completion upon completing all 5 sessions of this course.
- This course includes a number of hands-on exercises these will be graded and must receive a passing grade in order to complete the course. These assignments will include uploading pictures of your completed exercises.
What is included?
- Purchasing this course will give you access to all 5 sessions of the Comprehensive Straight Wire Orthodontics Course. The initial price is the full fee for all 5 sessions.
- This course will be available in timed intervals. The first session will be available 30 days after registration to allow you to receive/purchase course materials, and exercises.
- Live calls will be available at intervals throughout the course and will allow you to ask questions, review cases and learn from peers who are taking the same course.
- This course will be accessible to a single doctor for 1 year. This course cannot be shared and is not permitted for use with multiple doctors or team members.
Session 1: INTRODUCTION TO STRAIGHT WIRE ORTHODONTICS LECTURE
Session 1 Content
- Placing Separators
- Bracketing Anatomical Teeth – Learning the Effect of Bracket Positioning on the Teeth
- Banding & Bracketing the Clear Typodont – Learning Correct Bracketing Positions
What will you learn?
- The Financial and Practical Benefits of Incorporating Orthodontics into your Practice
- An Overview of this Course in Basic Orthodontics
- Examples of Cases You will be Treating after this Course
- Cephalometrics – Landmarks, Definitions and Diagnosis
- The Intro Cephalometric Analysis
- Understanding the Straight Wire Orthodontic Appliance System
- Understanding the Tip and Torque in the Straight Wire Bracket
- Necessary Records for Orthodontic Standard of Care
- How to Band and Bracket Teeth
- Diagnosing and Treatment Planning Your Cases
Who is this course for?
- General Dentist
- Pediatric Dentist
- New to Orthodontics
Course exercises will be provided as part of your course purchase, however, you will need to purchase tools and other supplies from our course supplier, Ortho Arch. Your Ortho Arch course contact is Kristi McCoskey. You will be given a course supply list and instructions when you purchase the course.